Tuesday, May 18, 2010

NYC or bust

I did it, I moved!!!! I joined my baby sister in the Big Apple and am ready for the big lights to inspire me. I have started this blog for all our loved ones to follow us while we chase our dreams and change the world. Andi has been here almost a year longer than I have, she has settled into the lifestyle of a New Yorker, and is well on her way to achieving her dream of becoming a professional ballerina. She has worked so hard and has inspired me so much, I love that she is here! If she can make it here so can I!

I on the other hand took a nannying job and five days later I was on a red eye flight to New York City. I arrived at my apartment in Manhattan with 15 pairs of shoes and a bunch of personal goals. I was ready for a change and the offer to move to NYC was exactly the change i was looking for. I was stuck and frustrated in Utah so I decided I needed to push myself, push myself all the was to the East Coast and I have never looked back.

My first week has been life changing, I moved out of my house, I left my jobs, I quit my calling(which made me cry), left my best friends, decided my broken heart would stay in Utah, and I kissed my family goodbye. A lot of changes occurred and it was overwhelming but I am grateful. I have settled in, met up with old friends, had a visitor, and attended the singles ward. Oh geez, I am gonna bite the bullet and join a singles ward.

I hope that soon I will be able to fill you all in on the many wonderful things I participate in and accomplish while I am here, but for now I am content on settling into a good schedule, taking care of a great 13 year old named Brecke, and meeting new people.

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Ken. This was a big move and a giant step for you. And for me. Letting go of my babies is so hard, except that I'm just so happy for you and this great opportunity. I believe in you. Make those dreams big because I know you will make them come true.
    And I get to come visit!!!! Win/Win

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken you are seriously so cool! I love that you just do what you want to do! SO PROUD OF YOU! What are your goals that you are setting out there? Love from St. George!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea to start a blog! This way we can somewhat feel close to you until we come visit ;) Love you and miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. That bit about joining the singles ward cracked me up. When I first moved to NYC there wasn't a singles ward in Brooklyn so I moved out there, but then they made one and kind of pushed me into it. But the singles wards in NYC are pretty alright.

    Are you in the 8th ward? Union Square? East side? I have some single friends in the 1st and 2nd family wards if you decide you don't want to attend a singles ward afterall. If that is the case let me know and I will make sure you find some new friends in the family wards!

    ReplyDelete